U.F.O.C. - Under Funded Offroad Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinuseo Falls-CANCELED

+4
lwb86
Gonesplorin
Lady M
MasterYota
8 posters

Go down

Kinuseo Falls-CANCELED Empty Kinuseo Falls-CANCELED

Post by MasterYota Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 am

Who's up for a trip to the Kinuseo Falls this summer on the August long weekend?  Falls are just south(25Km-ish) of Tumbler Ridge heading down the Heritage Hwy...  I figure total round trip from Tumbler is about 125Km's, and thats estimating on the high side.  There are lots of other side attractions in the area, falls, caves, trails, hidden lakes, all just begging to be explored and wheeled.  The Falls are located in the northern tip of Monkman park, however the old Kinuseo Falls Road (the trail itself) is not.  There is good FSR to travel back to Tumbler ridge on...  The old road has been deactivated, meaning all the bridges have been removed, and there will be creek crossings.  

Who's in? Cool

Last edited by MasterYota on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterYota
MasterYota

https://ufoc4x4.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Kinuseo Falls-CANCELED Empty Re: Kinuseo Falls-CANCELED

Post by Lady M Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Sounds like an awesome adventure!!!! Laughing
Lady M
Lady M

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonesplorin Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am

Are you thinking about good wheeling or just camping and exploring?
Great area either way and we would be into a trip in this area.

Gonesplorin

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Gonesplorin wrote:Are you thinking about good wheeling or just camping and exploring?
Great area either way and we would be into a trip in this area.

I've never been in the area, so probably a little of both until we get a good lay of the land...
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by lwb86 Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Last time I looked into running the old road it was impassable close to the falls due to a huge wash out. But that was several years ago and that's oil patch country and somebody could of walked a cat down there and fixed it just cause lol no need for environmentally friendly practices or approval on that side of the mountains

lwb86

Back to top Go down

Post by Haywire fab Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Id be down.
Haywire fab
Haywire fab

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonesplorin Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

Well that area can get you whatever you want to get up to. Onion lake is an extreme run and there is a shitload of roads to explore. Adam and Denny have been opening up one trail for a couple years now, lots of pics on ih8mud.

Let's see what interest is actually still around a little closer to the time and what rigs you all end up bringing and taylor the weekend closer to the "needs" at that time.

Not to be a spoil sport or anything, but we all know about big plans in winter that never happen by summer. So come July if rigs aren't already broken for the season I'd be happy to jump on a bandwagon!

Brad

Gonesplorin

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:57 am

That sounds like an excellent stratagey... Can I presume that you've been in the area then Brad? I'm very much "down" for some new territory, and this will be my only major run for the year, other than May long weekend, which probably will be somewhere other than QCC this year..
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonesplorin Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 am

I haven't "wheeled" the area much Ray, but Denise and I have spent a little time down in that area. Like I said if your bringing an extreme rig than I would suggest the Onion lake trail. If your running Rosy's cruiser and just want to do some exploring that could be arranged easily.

I would probably haul our travel trailer down to a base camp and run the weekend from that, Denise and I are getting old I guess, last year we bought a 30' trailer.

We could also talk to Denny, he and Adam may well be in the area that weekend too running the trail they have been clearing for a couple years now.

Gonesplorin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hill-Bilt Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

MasterYota wrote: other than May long weekend, which probably will be somewhere other than QCC this year..
Come run the Dome with us in H-town afro

Hill-Bilt

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Hill-Bilt wrote:
MasterYota wrote: other than May long weekend, which probably will be somewhere other than QCC this year..
Come run the Dome with us in H-town afro

I'll think about it. Arrow

There was also some talk about a Kluskoil trip instead of QCC. There are half a dozen or so folks who are considering something new/different for that weekend.

If there is a decent spot to basecamp from Brad, then I'd be interested in doing that. I'll most likely be comming in the truck, as it gets better mileage than the 'cruiser. Although if my trailer is finished by then, the mileage goes out the window... Eitherway, I'll be up for whatever the trails can dish out...

MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Well, its only 8 short weeks from the August long weekend; does this trip still have interest? I'm game, but I don't like to wheel alone so who's up for a challenge still?
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by Britpart Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:48 am

hey Ray , check the the stack of Toyota Trails i gave you . last year's stack or the previous year [ 2011 ] , i know there was an article written by Deny Charmosta [ Ft St John ] about a trip he took into this area . he drove his BJ60 along with 2 fellow wheelers driving an older style bronco and a dodge ram 1500 . it was a very good trip report along with mucho photos [ as i recall ] . if this was the area , i know Deny had done a lot of trail maintenance as noted in the article . gb

Britpart

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Its the same area Gerry. I've read Denny's article in the T.T. and on the IH8mud forum. It was his pictures and write-up that planted the idea that this would be a good trip.
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonesplorin Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

provided work dfoes not get in the way, Ill still come hang with you Ray. I am looking fairly busy right now but that changes constantly.

Brad

Gonesplorin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haywire fab Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Id be up for some exploring if i had my toy ready to roll.
Just need to put clutch in, locker, and figure out my winch
Haywire fab
Haywire fab

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:35 am

Timing is a little far out yet on this trip, so lets keep it on the back-burner for another month or so... I'm sure most of us will make the final decision in the last week or so before the trip. That's the way things like this usually go...
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco01 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:36 pm

deny and adam were at our place 2 weeks ago, they still aren't ready for a crew of people to go in with them, they still have 5k to clear and right now two many people slow them down, i may go up there this sept long with them if everything goes wheel, thats the plan anyways.

We ( OLD SCHOOL OFFROAD ) are trying to adopt the trail that they are going in, When me and my wife lived in fort st john me, deny, the wife and adam spent every weekened we could trying to get in, we signed the papers and deny has sent them in so ssssfar so good but we'll see what happens.

Unless you try the old trail from the falls to the 500rd theres not much wheelin in that area of tumbler, brad was with me deny and adam a few years ago when we were down there, cool camping spot though. The following year deny adam and a couple of other trucks did the old trail, it depends on the river crossing on the kinusea side, when we attempted the year brad was with us the silt was to deep, the following year deny said it was a breese to cross.
rosco01
rosco01

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

rosco01 wrote:deny and adam were at our place 2 weeks ago, they still aren't ready for a crew of people to go in with them, they still have 5k to clear and right now two many people slow them down, i may go up there this sept long with them if everything goes wheel, thats the plan anyways.

We ( OLD SCHOOL OFFROAD ) are trying to adopt the trail that they are going in, When me and my wife lived in fort st john me, deny, the wife and adam spent every weekened we could trying to get in, we signed the papers and deny has sent them in so ssssfar so good but we'll see what happens.

Unless you try the old trail from the falls to the 500rd theres not much wheelin in that area of tumbler, brad was with me deny and adam a few years ago when we were down there, cool camping spot though. The following year deny adam and a couple of other trucks did the old trail, it depends on the river crossing on the kinusea side, when we attempted the year brad was with us the silt was to deep, the following year deny said it was a breese to cross.

My thought was from the 500rd to the falls,(or vice-versa). I'm highly doubtful of a huge turnout, and its just too much distance for the vast majority of folks to go. If I have 3 trucks in attendance from PG, I'd be amazed and consider it a successful run. I'd love to go sept. long weekend, but I'll be out of town so my plan was aug. long weekend. But it'll depend mostly on commitment from other wheelers, as I have no desire to go alone.
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by Haywire fab Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 am

My commitment depends alot on my work haha. Never know when i am goin to get a couple days off
Haywire fab
Haywire fab

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Any available commitment for Aug. long weekend? Rosie and I have a 4 day weekend this year, so if not the Kinuseo Falls trip we have an alternate location to consider. Camping at Heart Lake in the Pine Pass, with some exploration of the roads to the west heading towards Williston Lake.
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 pm

With a lack of interest or commitment this trip has been shelved and will be attempted at another time. However, please consider the Heart Lake trip as an alternate idea. Several trucks and families have committed to attending...

See you on the trail!
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum