U.F.O.C. - Under Funded Offroad Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday June, 2 - 2013

4 posters

Go down

Sunday June, 2 - 2013 Empty Sunday June, 2 - 2013

Post by MasterYota Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm

The 'clickers are putting on a public meet'n'greet run at the Parkridge heights power lines. The poster advertisement says to meet at the Bon Voyage Hotel in College Heights at 9:30 am.

I'm going just for the enjoyment of attending a gong show...

Anybody else?
MasterYota
MasterYota

https://ufoc4x4.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Sunday June, 2 - 2013 Empty Re: Sunday June, 2 - 2013

Post by Vertigo Fri May 31, 2013 10:31 pm

zoom zoom
Vertigo
Vertigo

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:56 pm

The 'clickers event was pretty much a bust with only one actual wheeler showing up, the other four members comprised a stock Xterra, a 2wd ranger with a boat on the rack, and a dirt bike. The rest of the group consisted of Chris in his TJ from the NCOAS, Vertigo in his 4runner, and myself and Shayne in my 'yota. The advertised trail was the Bunce Rd. powerlines, but due to the lack of capable rigs from the 'clickers the trail was changed to the Beaverly power lines. The trail change was unclear to half the group, and leaders left while Ben and I were fueling up. We had a vague idea that the trail was changed to somewhere around the Beaverly area and we tried to play catch-up on the highway, but nobody waited at the turns to make sure we followed. Ben and I drove all the way to mud river before we turned around in frustration. Chris, who was not the tail gunner of lead group back-tracked tot he highway and flagged us down on the way back.

The 10 minutes it took to traverse the power lines from beginning to the bluff over looking the Mud River was hardly worth the tank of gas, and the 'clickers seemed to have no other plan or strategy to occupy the rest of the day (as expected). So, Chris, Ben and myself toured down to the river itself to at least finish the whole route. After heading back up to the bluff we discovered the 'click had left, and we didn't see them again.

Having nothing better to do the three of us explored many of the side roads and deactivated logging roads that branched off the power line. We found a lot of clay, a lot of ditches, some of the nastiest deactivations I've seen in a long time, and hordes of hungry horsefly's. All three of us needed winching at several points on the trial, and we all got stuck several times. But with no breakage to speak of, it was an excellent day.

I have some video footage, and as soon as I figure out how to post it I'll do so. If anybody else has pictures, I'll share it as well.
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by lwb86 Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:32 pm

I like how it was advertised as a all rig friendly run then a week before they say hardcore rigs only. Lol

lwb86

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterYota Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 am

And then only one actual modified wheeler shows up... fail.

I have nothing against those guys, they do things their own way. But, having been apart of a successful (albeit waning) organization that has hosted quite a few public runs with success this was a complete non starter from the get go. Organization and member support is key when trying to pull something like this off. I didn't see any of that.

The 'click has always bragged about being a "non" club; perhaps they should stick to hosting "non" events.
MasterYota
MasterYota

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertigo Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 pm

hey...I was only stuck once...not "several"
Vertigo
Vertigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hill-Bilt Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:33 pm