U.F.O.C. - Under Funded Offroad Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wdabc jan 2014 newsletter

Go down

4wdabc jan 2014  newsletter  Empty 4wdabc jan 2014 newsletter

Post by Britpart Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 am

i receive these newsletters ; posted here for your interest . gerry

Lodestone Lake Rec Site maintenance contract ASSISTANCE NEEDED.

We are currently working on renewing our partnership agreement with Recreation Site Officer for this district.

To fulfill a contract like this effectively, we need to harness the support and assistance of the 4x4 community. There are many clubs and groups of people who make annual trips to the Whipsaw trail and I am hoping to recruit their help.

What do we need you ask? Well, I know that everyone who travels the trail packs out more than they pack in so what I would like is a report with some pictures of 'what was done' on those trips, particularly around Lodestone Lake where we have our rec agreement. Things like:

Before and after pictures of site,
•garbage removed
•brush clearing
•condition of tables
•condition of outhouse
•condition of rec site
•trail conditions
Send that information to president@4wdabc.ca and I will write the official reports to the Rec Officer for this district.

If you have ideas of what you would like to see, send that to me as well and I will include it in my annual 'what we would like to do' report.

Update on Partnership Agreements with the BC Parks and Recreation.

We are very pleased to announce that we currently have contracts in place with BC Parks and Recreation for the following locations:

•Hale
•Sunrise
•Francis
•Kenyon
•Wilson
•Nahatlatch
•Lodestone

Other locations are on our radar, as well as possible future projects, if they do develop full details will be forwarded to you

Revamp of Website

We are currently on the lookout for a tech savy individual to help give our website a facelift!

This can be done from the comfort of your own home, and on your own schedule!

If this appeals to you, please contact president@4wdabc.ca to discuss the options.

Backroader Deadline

The next issue of the Backroader will soon be underway, Maciej would like to set a deadline of March 31st for contributions. We look forward to receiving you sharing the beautiful photographs you've taken and the stories that went with those adventures!

Please send your contributions to backroader@4wdabc.

Call for Volunteers

In our case, we especially need passionate volunteers in a couple of areas.

The Mission Interpretive Forest initiative is one. Mission has intentions of making many things happen over the next 6 months in the West Stave area to further their goal of creating a multi use recreation area that is controlled.

This representative could expect to invest 10 hours per month doing things like attending meetings, interacting with other recreation interests, becoming familiar with the nuances of the area, attending BOD meetings with the Association, etc.

Another area we need help is for someone with the ability to sign up corporate sustaining members to assist with helping solidify funding for the Association. These memberships are only $250 a year and shouldn't be too difficult to sell given our track record and accomplishments.

Trail run leaders are always welcome to lead one of our monthly maintenance runs in West Harrison and East Stave.

See you on the trail, please contact president@4wdabc.ca for any additional information.

Membership
Thank you for being a member or supporter of the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC, without your support we would not be able to accomplish what we do. Membership provides you with the magazines, Lordco Discount card, annual membership stickers; it also provides us solid numbers so when we speak on your behalf to negotiate public access to public lands, the more current members, the louder our voice.

If you're not a current member we'd like to invite you to sign-up or renew today. If you'd like to do this, please visit our website for ways to do this at: http://www.4wdabc.ca/joinus.php?131-Join-Us.

Upcoming events:

Maintenance Runs meet at 9:30 AM, Depart at 10 AM
Hale - Meet at Sasquatch
Kenyon - Meet at Davis Lake Staging Area (Stock & Newbie Friendly)

Mar 7 - 9 - Sportsman Show (Abbotsford Tradex)
Mar 8 - Hale Maint. Run
Mar 15 - 4WDABC - AGM

Apr 12 - Hale Maint. Run
Apr 19 - East Stave Clean up

May 10 - Hale Maint. Run
May 18 - Kenyon Maint. Run

June 14 - West Stave Clean Up
June 14 - Hale Maint. Run
June 15 - Kenyon Maint. Run

July 12 - Hale Maint. Run
July 19 - Coastal Cruiser & 4WDABC Show and Shine (Abbotsford)
July 20 - Kenyon Maint. Run

Copyright © 2014 Four Wheel Drive Association of BC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are either a member or supporter of the Four Wheel Drive Association

Our mailing address is:

Four Wheel Drive Association of BC
PO Box 284
Surrey, Bc V3T 4W8
Canada

Britpart

Back to top Go down