U.F.O.C. - Under Funded Offroad Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride's rides

+3
Vertigo
MasterYota
Ride
7 posters

Go down

Ride's rides Empty Ride's rides

Post by Ride Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey all, just climbed aboard this site. Glad to be here. Been outta the wheelin scene for a while, thinking i may actually get some time this year to do a few outings. those that know me remember my old rig. A '88 Yota that saw many incarnations. Went from mild to extreme over the years. Started off stock and CLEAN (like showroom clean). No pic on the puter of it but she was fine. Shortly after that i had a body lift in it and it sported some 31" mudders. she was fun and capable of what i wanted. After that she got some 34 inch LTB's and a welded rear end. that was my favorite time with it. That truck went EVERYWHERE i wanted it to, lots of times places other trucks couldn't go.

Ride's rides George3

Ride's rides George1

After that the IFS was starting to need serious attention. So it got cut out and slapped in a solid axle. Ended up on 38 boggers. She was pretty much a point and shoot rig then, albeit a little underpowered. My favorite pic of it up on Baldy mtn years ago.

Ride's rides Baldy22006

Then one day she died. and then sat. and sat. And sat some more. So i decided to try and get rid of it. Ended up trading it away not running for a 81 K2500 with a propane 305 and some 33's. It was sad to see it go but it was time. That old chev was a good truck if a bit rough. Always reliably fired up and went where i wanted. Ended up with a set of 35's on it and basically just driven around

Ride's rides S5000311

After that i found what i really wanted at that time. An '84 Chev K2500 with a 6.2 diesel and sitting on 35's. Solid everywehre. No power but awesome fuel mileage. Shortly after purchasing it i popped the original motor in it with 675,000 km on it. After searching a while i found a replacement motor, got it swapped and used the truck. She was awesome. Went everywhere, never skipped a beat. But I started looking at the way the old diesel motor was designed and thought i don't want to have to be pulling everything off to change simple stuff like a water pump. So i put it up for sale. Lotsa tire kickers came around and a few "i love this truck" people, but no one had cash. Till a young fellow out of the blue showed up and drove her away, and i know heis going to be more into tinkering with it than i was at this time.

Ride's rides S5001192_zps5dc33332

which leads me to my current rig........

Current wheeler is a '92 Ford F150 i very recently acquired. Sporting a 302 with a 5 spd. XLT model. Air, cruise, power windows, mirrors. Running on 33's with a 3 inch body lift currently. Dual exhaust, clean body( like no rust), 243.000kms. Got it for a deal i couldn't refuse. Have never owned a Ford for wheeling/bush duties so should be a learning curve. Just working out a issue giving it 6 mpg's. Ugh, but narrowing it down. Only pic i currently have shortly after bringin it home from Williams Lake.

Ride's rides Afterdrivehome_zps22dcc6b7

Ride

Back to top Go down

Ride's rides Empty Re: Ride's rides

Post by MasterYota Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Welcome to the site Amigo! Its been too long since we've locked the hubs in together. I'm hoping you can get out a few more times this year...
MasterYota
MasterYota

https://ufoc4x4.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertigo Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

lol...I got some parts you might be interested in...
Vertigo
Vertigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 pm

I love parts.

Ride

Back to top Go down

Post by moose_hunter Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 am

Cool history still got them ltbs?:p

moose_hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco01 Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 am

ata boy bryan nice to see ya driving a ford, now you just need to buy a bronco.
rosco01
rosco01

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco01 Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 am

i got some rims and a set of old school tsl's 33x12.5 just waitin to be bolted on there.
rosco01
rosco01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Thu May 02, 2013 10:28 am

I should stop by with this truck one of these days and pick your brain on some issues shes havin. And maybe check those tsl's out.

Ride

Back to top Go down

Post by Haywire fab Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Theres no way a 302 should be gettin 6mpg. Somethins wrong with the fuel injection.

How much pressure is in the fuel rail?
Check your injectors too.

Also bolt a 70s dana 44 in. Use the 80s radius arms or build your own. Bam solid axle
Haywire fab
Haywire fab

Back to top Go down

Post by Hill-Bilt Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Love the chebby Cool

Hill-Bilt

Back to top Go down

Post by Haywire fab Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 pm

And yer yota... Has been owned by quite a few people now haha. It was in williams lake for a bit then my dad bought it. Then it was sold to a family friend and then it ended up in quesnel
Haywire fab
Haywire fab

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco01 Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 am

stop by any time. 563-1700.
rosco01
rosco01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content